I snagged a purple! I've been on the fence about the looong Rivs, and love
my 650b conversion Hillborne, but due to the conversion, it's off-road
abilities are somewhat hindered by the risk of pedal strike, especially in
PA where the trails tend to be very rocky. The Appa has been growing on me,
and when they announced they were getting a batch I couldn't get the idea
out of my head, literally can't have been having dreams of a build. Then
when the colors were unveiled, I thought Lime was a no-brainer, but the
purple grew on me over the last couple of days, so that's what I went with.
I plan on using it partly as a daily driver, and thinking with a thieve's
brain, I think it would stand out less while locked up than a bright green?
Maybe? Anyway, I'm excited for it to arrive; I have pretty much all of the
parts for a quick build, including XTR brakes and levers. This'll be my
first new-new Riv; I got my Hillborne from this group, same for my Bleriot
(which got moved along a year+ ago).