Josh, I grew up around South Bend, Indiana but moved to North Carolina in
my early thirties. My wife though still has family in the Marion area and
I've had that opportunity while visiting there to ride a bit on the trail
to its northern. terminus near Sweetser. We'll be back up there for her HS
class reunion in a few weeks and are taking a couple bikes with us to ride
a bit of the Cardinal. Best I can tell, the route between Jonesboro and
Muncie runs on backroads. Curious to know if you've done that stretch and
what your impression was.

Thanks for posting!  Great pics. BTW, I had a similar problem when posting
pics on this site. Reducing their digital size seems to have resolved it

Steve