My buddy Huston and I rode the Cardinal Greenway back in the pre-Pandemic
days. We rode from Richmond to Losantville, and then took rural roads over
to Summit Lake State Park, where we camped for the night. It was a very
well manicured trail, but I don't recall there being much shade back then.
Maybe it has grown up a bit more since then. It was mostly corn on one
side, soybeans on the other the whole way. I'd like to go back and explore
more of the upper section of it.