Over on the iBOB forum there's some discussion from time to time of how the
Roadini and the Ram are overbuilt and don't have the performance and
response characteristics typical of lively road frames. I myself haven't
ridden one, this is a take I've observed time and time again from others.

I'm currently looking out for a springy lightweight road bike myself that
fits a 32mm tire. I'm not considering any past or present frames from
Rivendell. I recently started a thread on iBOB asking about old plush
frames that fit a 700x32mm tire. You can check it out here, but you might
need to be a list member to view:
https://groups.google.com/g/internet-bob/c/gvwRER6T3JE

Compared to the 90s road bikes you have in mind it's unlikely a Roadini
will feel the same. I know it might not be practical but I'd say the best
way to see if the Roadini is right for you is to test ride one for
yourself! I do love the new Sergio Green.