For some of us who have had back pain with more modern bikes Rivendells
have always been a breath of fresh air. I started buying them in 1997 and
have not looked back, they made riding possible for me again.

I do prefer the Rivs with the shorter for Riv  chainstays. Nice bikes for
those of us who have issues with more aggressive geometries. For me not
koolaide but a practical   comfort.

Glad your aluminum bike works for you.