I'd use an adjustable reamer to ream the stem from 25.4 to 26.0. I did this
back in the 1980s when I wanted to use 26.4 Cinelli bars in a Nitto
Technomic stem. The adjustable reamer I have for seat tubes has enough
adjustment (down to 23.75) to be used for stems as well.

You can get cheap adjustable reamers off Aliexpress for less than $10. No
idea of the quality (probably crap), but they should last long enough to do
the job you need on an aluminium stem.

Nick Payne