There's little choice for quiet hubs so if you need 36 you may as well go
with Deore's. For myself having a quiet hub is non-negotiable, so I've gone
back to using threaded FW hubs for my future builds. The irony is that for
the 7 cogs I use there's a better selection of freewheels these days than
cassettes. Rich will build you fine wheels. I had him build a set of Alex
DM24 rims with Deore/Suntour hubs for me but I've never used them. I also
have 2 sets of Joe Young wheels. (He formerly built wheels for Riv waaaaay
beck when before Rich.) He's in Granbury Texas, youngwheels.com I think. I
still ride the first set he built in 1999, and of course, they're as
straight as an arrow.

There's many things that Riv has that aren't on the menu as I think they're
busy enough as it is and don't have much time for extensive upkeep of the
website in totality. The "new" 7sp cassette hub was supposedly coming
sometime, but as for noise I'd be surprised if it was quiet. Shimano is by
their own words ditching most of their road and mtb groups in favor of the
deathly black "Ican'tremember" line of bike parts that supposed can be used
for road or mtb use. Of course, it was Shimano who messed things up by
dividing them in the first place with different cable pulls.