Eddie, your initial post asking " how does shorter or longer stem effect
steering?" has generated a a lot of interesting discussion about steering
dynamics - but it seems that what you really want to get at is which size
Roadini will work best for you with upright bars.

You might start by taking a look at the geo for the 54 & 57 Roadinis and
comparing  them both to the diagram of your current bike. (try the link to
Bike Insights I've pasted below).   My suggestion is that the larger frame
will better lend itself to a more upright riding position by virtue of its
taller stack and shorter effective TT.   Both of the Roadinis have a longer
wheelbase, slacker ST & HT angles, and more neutral trail than your current
ride. I think you would discover that either of them  provide a more stable
feeling front end than your current bike (which looks like it has maybe
been pushed a bit beyond its design intent).

Ultimately I agree with the suggestion that if you are looking for a bike
that handles well with an upright position that you should consider a frame
set intentionally designed for that style of riding..

https://bikeinsights.com/compare?geometries=5bb29e327581960016665a31,5bb29e327581960016665a32,