The Gander Thinsulate finger flap design would be perfect. Long ago I had
something like that, though not as warm as I need: basically a gauntlet
cycling glove with leather padded palm and half fingers with flip up finger
covers. I'd very much like to get something similar but with more
insulation and bigger finger holes so I can wear a wool glove underneath.

I Googled (and duckduckgo'd, but ddg is useless for serious searches)
Gander mittens but found nothing like yours. Are these still made? Does
anyone have a link to an online source?

Thanks.

Will: boiled wool is indeed warm and I might look for thick boiled wool
mittens to wear over wool DeFeet gloves or liners, but the flip-cap design
is very handy.

Jeff: I've given up on PI Lobsters after finding my second pair in ~4 years
awkward to put on and cold below about 20*F.