I did this with the Charlie Gallop - I sold it to a friend, then a few
months later after I noticed they were dragging their heels on building it
up and me feeling a hole where my Charlie once was, offered to buy it back
- which worked out. Then I rode it a few more months, realized it was
entirely overlapping other bikes I have, so I sold it a second time but
this time to someone far enough away I couldn't casually buy it back.

When I bought the Charlie back I put my Crust Wombat up for sale because I
only had room for one of them - thankfully it didn't sell because it's
probably my favourite bike now (and gets more mileage than any other).