I think I learned what N + 1 syndrome is.... I have two very lovely bikes,
and Atlantis and a Platypus. Between the two I have been able to do most of
the kind of riding I can dream of. Chase around my kid on the Atlantis
which is built up as an all rounder (Because I had only road bikes and I
have a kid who can't stay away from dirt and gravel). I have been taking my
Platypus out on club rides which has been working out fine... until I
started to have aspirations to try out some of these rides that involve a
lot of hills... so of course I decided to buy A Homer that I would like to
build up specifically for rides with lots of hills! (To clarify, I am
totally happy to take my time getting up hills on my Platypus which I have
set up with racks and bags, fenders... but I like to ride with other people
which are usually people with traditional road bikes with all the carbon
fiber things).

So I would love some guidance on setting up the gearing, and handlebar
types, and random suggestions on how to do a lighter build. I know weight
isn't the most important thing... but I can for sure tell a difference when
I run up and down the stairs at the BART station with my Platypus when I
have it laden with all the things vs when I first got it... and I love it
now with all the things... so of course another bike, n + 1 is the answer.

I've been considering the Wide Low double (38 x 24).

I use the Billie Bars, and Albatross bars on my other bikes... am I missing
out on anything by not considering other options? (I have a shoulder that
sometimes misbehaves so drop bars have not been my friend).

I am open to bikesplaining.