Doug,

Will is probably leading you in the right direction. Some data points that
might help you from my 54 Roadini. Shod with 700X42s, the standover height
is 32". I'm 6'0" with a 85 PBH/74cm saddle height. My saddle height gives
me 5 inches of seatpost visible, so you'd be down to 2.5".

Interestingly, I just checked the geometry chart and there's only 1.3cm of
difference in effective top tube between the 50 (55.2cm) and the 54
(56.5cm). I'm no bike fit expert (I figure if nothing's hurting all is
good!) but I'd figure the difference of a single cm is just a stem choice
away.

As Will has alluded to in the emails, it's easy to get the bars comfortably
high (though I actually ride this one with the bars a smidge below saddle)
without having to size up.

I'm loving my Roadini and hope you love your soon-to-be-Roadini.

Cheers,

Brian
Glendale, CA