I have a couple of Thompson 0 setback seatpost if your interested.

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Garth
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2023 2:23 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [RBW] "Grant hates toe clips."

No retention at all for me for that last 20 some years. Since my feet are
positioned more midfoot and the pedals have good pins to grip Altra Lone
Peaks(w/150mm cranks), I have no need for anything else. I have no pins on the
other side and the even then my feet stay in place from feel. .Since moving my
saddle all the way forward I find my pedaling has become even more
effective/efficient. Torque + pedal speed = vroom sensation = FUN !  I think
I'm going to get a zero setback post to try as I'm close to the limit on the
Cobb saddle with a Ritchey 25mm setback post. As the foot is placed more
midfoot, I feel much more "planted" to the cranks from my trunk/core. Now that
I'm going more forward of the BB, I find an aero position more comfortable, and
now feet are more angled forward/down than before. Picture the classic
Roadrunner cartoon where at full speed and side angle, the RR's head is forward
of the feet, the entire body is leaning forward, and the RR is just chillin'
doing it. The more forward I am of the BB, I'm pushing more back with my entire
body to the wheel/chainstays, rather than pushing down or forward with my body
further back of the BB. It's also less strenuous on everything, go figure. So
now I'm in complete rethink of frame design, I could use a much steeper seat
tube angle, 73.5-74 ish. This isn't stuff anyone can teach, other than
encouraging the exploration/creativity to find your way as to what works and
what doesn't.