"Can those Ultegra triples be found in a square taper or are they all
Octalink?"

All Octalink. The previous gen 7/8-spd era Ultegra square taper (600
tri-color) were all doubles, if you search long and hard you can find 105
triples from that period but I don't think many were produced.

Joe Bernard

On Thursday, January 11, 2024 at 7:05:47 AM UTC-8 Tim Bantham wrote:

> Can those Ultegra triples be found in a square taper or are they all
> Octalink?
>
> On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 8:23:10 PM UTC-5 Bill Lindsay wrote:
>
>> Ultegra 52x42x30 makes a nice compact double.  Just remove the 52 (free)
>> and put a guard in its place ($15).  Now you've got a 42x30 with the
>> ability to put a smaller ring on the 74 bcd if need be.  The skeleton key
>> is indeed a useful FD.
>>
>> Bill Lindsay
>> El Cerrito, CA
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 4:42:09 PM UTC-8 Will M wrote:
>>
>>> Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks!
>>>
>>> I swapped out an Ultegra 52x42x30 for a RBW/Silver 42x28 and never
>>> looked back.  (Yes, that little Microshift "skeleton key" front derailer is
>>> brilliant).  And my Yuba cargo bike got the RBW/Silver 38x24 because the
>>> 44x34x24 offered no advantages for a bike that is 100% about transporting