On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 9:39 AM George Schick <bhim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Piaw, what part of the country are you from?  The expression, "...squeal
> like a stuck pig..." is something I rarely hear outside of the Midwest
> where I live (well, maybe the South or even the Plain states, not sure).
> Seems to me like most folk out there on the West Coast wouldn't know what
> you meant by that and would just give you a funny look.

I grew up in Singapore, nowhere near the USA. I think it was an expression
I either picked up from reading or from co-workers. Certainly the sounds of
disc brakes squealing are common here in the mountain bike parks. I will
say that not just disc brakes are guilty of said squealing. Cantilvers and
V-brakes are also known to squeal. Sidepulls by contrast do not.