On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Rob Harrison <robha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The one remaining thing I need to complete my Saluki ("Sure, sure" you say!)
> is a handlebar bag. What's your favorite, and why?

I use an Ortlieb front bag for touring on my Atlantis and like it very
well, but for your purposes, I agree with Larry-- get a bag that is
not supported just by the handlebars. When I put too much weight in my
handlebar bag, handling of the bike degrades and I get a horrible
downhill shimmy. This is no problem for me, since I only use the
handlebar bag when I'm touring and have an entire suite of other
Ortlieb bags to stash my extra stuff, but if I were trying to put
food, rainclothes, sweater, fruit, sandwich, camera and maps in the
Ortlieb, I would not be happy.

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels