I just ordered 3 of the Tiagras at $32.99; Peter has 3 left so here's you
chance! Note: he also has 9 (and10?) sp Ultegra and 10 sp (??) DA 14-25s
but for a lot more money.

Apparently the advantage of the Tiagras is that Shimano doesn't bother with
a spider so yes, you can drill them out and replace the spacers with 10
speed ones.

I'll order the spacers and a Miche 28 from the LBS who are building the
wheel; also have XT hub from Universal and a SP from a private source
on-way.

Thanks all.