Thanks. Jones said he'd email me that OW of the chainstays at the
end-of-cranks position but never did. But research indicates that current
models won't give me the required 160 mm or lower Q and, in fact, after
much measurement and calculation the arithmetical evidence convinced me
that my quadruple goals -- 700C with true 3" width, 160 mm max Q, stays of
non-absured length, and sufficient air between outside knobs and inside
chainstays -- would be possible only with very carefully massaged plate
yoke between bb and chainstays. In the event, for now, I decided that I
don't need the hassle of another custom, and I chose instead to get a
fatter (compared to current 50 mm Soma SV) sandy path wheelset for the
Matthews #1.

As to the Gus, I'm sure it won't take a 622X76 tire, but I still wonder (a)
how fat a tire will it take and, (b) what the *minimum *Q is.

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services

*When thou didst not, savage, k**now thine own meaning,*

*But wouldst gabble like a** thing most brutish,*

*I endowed thy purposes w**ith words that made them known.*