*I don't backpack, so a dynamo is unnecessary.*

Although I am certainly glad to have it, the bike I use the most for
bikepacking is probably the one I use my dynamo light on the least.
Probably because on multi-day trips, I rarely find myself biking through
the darkness for long periods of time. Typically, I am riding most of the
daytime, and usually am at camp (or wherever) well before the sun sets. I
find a dynamo setup to be incredibly practical for those bikes you hop on
the most, for anything and everything; commuting or traveling on streets
with traffic, riding around with friends at night, etc.

Ok, sorry to go off-topic!