You're right, it's never going to hold a load like a buckle  system. Guess
I should have thought of that before I purchased it. I used the  "simple
solution" when the failure occurred on two separate occasions. It was  not a
major problem - only one side would come loose - but it's not something I
should have to be concerned about on a brevet and it's certainly going to stop
me from attempting to put anything heavy into it. The "simple solution"
that I  now use - and it works - is to use my older Kevin's Bag.
   Guess I'll stick with my original strong statement.
Bill

In a message dated 6/11/2010 12:19:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,