Agree, tho' IME a 48 mm tire will require considerably less pressure than a
42. I'm 170-175 and put ~35 psi in 42s but only 20 in 48s (that measure 50
on my rims); this for pavement riding, very supple tires. A lighter rider
can use less.

Jan has shown (and my Big Ones also show) that width does not necessarily
affect rolling resistance. What width does do, IME, is reduce the
"nimbleness" of handling.