If the shape works on the liberator x they do have a gel version if it's
too hard. I wear padded shorts if I am going any distance. I believe you
can get padded underwear to go under regular shorts. Terry makes a city
riding saddle  called the Cite X, or at least they used to. It's wider and
softer. I have one and it is very comfortable for more upright riding but
in my view it is ugly. I want my upright bike to be nice-looking for the
cruising around bike paths I am doing these days. For me there is an
artistic dimension to building up a bike. I imagine that many on this list
would agree considering the attractive bikes I see in people's pictures.