Update on this for anyone who cares. I ordered 10 each (1 extra in case of
loss) of 2mm, 2.18mm, and 2.35 mm spacers from AliExpress per Garth's
suggestion; thanks again, Garth.

The upshot after much soul (and web) searching is that *Shimano* 10sp cogs
are 1.6mm thick and take 2.35mm spacers, but *Miche* 10sp cogs are 1.8 mm
thick in the body -- 1.6 mm in the teeth -- and take 2mm spacers.

I had built my #2-wheel for the Matthews "road bike for dirt" of Shimano
cogs but used Miche spacers and, for the most part, it all works very well
-- 11 sp chain on 10 sp cassette -- but when the chain is on the 18 t cog,
a very much used cruising cog, precise chain adjustment is more finicky and
requires more attention to trimming.

So I will replace the 2.0s with, probably the proper Shimano-width 2.35s,
but I might try the 2.18s which I guess .... ???? .... are for 11 sp
Shimano cassettes? -- simply because the 2.0s have worked so well except
for that 18 to cog.

Finally, I placed the order on 4/05 and exactly 2 weeks later the passle of
cogs appeared in my mailbox.

$30 US and change for 30 spacers + shipping + NM or ABQ tax.

The cogs are all aluminum and a very pretty scarlet, and they are very
minimally cut and make the stock 2.0 Shimano (I think) silver aluminum
spacers look big and clumsy. And each of the 30 received was individually
wrapped; I guess for ease of sorting.

In case you were anxiously fretting about all this ....

I had earlier ordered a passle of 10 sp Shimano cogs to build up 14-28 10
sp cassettes, and with these spacers, I'm a convert to AliExpress for
cheap, decent small parts.

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services

*When thou didst not, savage, k**now thine own meaning,*

*But wouldst gabble like a** thing most brutish,*

*I endowed thy purposes w**ith words that made them known.*