On Sunday, April 21, 2024 at 6:00:27 PM UTC-5 four...@gmail.com wrote:

I'd be curious if you came off butyl or latex tubes prior? guess I'm just
not that convinced the TPUs are worth the extra price over latex (at least
the price of the RH versions)..

Great question, and one I'd intended to answer in my review, but then
forgot. I've ridden all my RH 32mm tires with Schwalbe SV16 tubes (and
occasionally another 28-32mm tube that's been pressed into emergency
service). I have not used latex tubes in quite a while. I used them on my
Riv Road with some skinny tires and had two pinch flats on one group ride.
Haven't used them since. Soon I will try TPU on my Breadwinner, which is
650x48B. They'll also go on my Heron (after it's back from the spa) and my
Riv Road, both of which also ride on Stampede Pass tires.

The big advantage of TPU over latex, in theory, is the air retention. I'll
know how that's going in a couple of days.

IMO, the question is whether TPUs are worth the substantial price premium
over butyl. I've just "invested" a pretty big chunk of money into TPU tubes
for 4 bikes.  In terms of ride quality, my first impression is quite
positive. TBD on the durability and flat-resistance.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI USA