If you saw my post on the recent (now-locked) Hilsen-for-sale thread, it's
clear that "Caveat Emptor" is an approach I endorse.
That has never _not_ been the case in this group and on the internet.

However, assuming ill-will just because someone didn't want to reveal their
exact location feels a bit judgmental.

Bear in mind that new members are moderated, and it could be a day or so
until a response is released from the queue. In this case, it took a few
hours before I saw and did so, and there were all manner of insinuations
fairly quickly.

Hence my encouragement to dial things back a bit.

The folks replied to my direct email query in a timely manner and with a
fair amount of detail. I would probably converse with them a bit more
before sending off a check in that amount, certainly. But unless you had a
specific interaction with them that is cause for general concern, I'm not
seeing a reason to engage.

Anything that's for sale on this list - from the lowliest worn-out cycling
cap to a full new bike build - should be confirmed before you send any
funds.

And as I feel like I've written more than a few times times in the past
couple days - if you are having questionable interactions or
communications, feel free to loop me in.

Jim