Thanks Patrick! I saw a really nice bottom pull DA front mech used on eBay,
first
gen
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/156203422002?itmmeta=01HXMGZA1GWNBSX67S31YDQ76P&hash=item245e731132:g:n34AAOSw~59licD5&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAABEF1YcKCwhxvKTsO9pDaGLqEXCL0Zi0kr4wWrhnmkXjTQ2DnCoH2NdAhg7jvIOaNU%2BDO%2B1iOqOy1Mo%2FY0SQofRIqFYHaL9YHrRUAiJDD1GC0OvjtIe0ZVNzEUywGtzFUS5AN19PPQQM0iCrSseVeaxlRJ%2BH1NkJkLh4eT6Pe858pxyG92ZQmkqvsPbPmunr9Erlc40hS3bat4nMl1FFYG5Su3gSBAbk5YwwJj3681dYYD%2FKfndZlcixKY7m6bPtuHcIS9s3dVFNUnFrFam0E%2FFKWNxIDN%2F8Z31DgEyMDXRPQjXvJijx5FBXP4EtaA2hMWmnfebdUiI3Wy6whpTfUGDpFDixjJxbrYTgDIxWgNs%2F8D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-qg_ZDtYw>,

and it says it has a 16T capacity. Since I'm at 14T differential on my
front chainrings (38-24),  would this work? Does me running 11-36 cassette
have anything to do with the front derailleur choice?