Tom Lutz seems to have accommodated himself and his Brompton to the mass of
his Fliptail. I'd guess that with the wheels (or is it a minimalist
trailer?) and flat terrain that even a weighty boat is less of a problem
than, say, the inflatable 2-person kayaks that my next door neighbors have
(fun fact: he was a brazer for Serrotta back when Serrotta did lugged steel
bikes) which take a while to deflate, dry, and roll up.

John: what do you think: is your boat easier to manipulate between bike
packing and floating and back again than this Fliptail with tailer?

I've no dog in this fight*; I think any bike-cum-boat travel incident looks
like great fun and ought to be illustrated on this list with a great number
of photos.

[*Ill disciplined imagination: recall the Economist cover with drawing of
Ozarks or Appalachian front porch during Clinton I vs Lewinsky, with
slogan: "He's a hard dog to keep on the porch." Nothing beats Southern
syntax.]

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services

*When thou didst not, savage, k**now thine own meaning,*

*But wouldst gabble like a** thing most brutish,*

*I endowed thy purposes w**ith words that made them known.*