Robert Tilley wrote:

My favorite camera to carry on the bike is the Sony RX100. It takes great
photos and is pretty compact.

When I carry a camera, it's been an RX100 (III), too. After all these
years, it's still a really nice package compromise of overall size, sensor
size, and zoom range.

But, for more than a few years now...

Bones wrote:

I typically leave my phone home when I go out for rides, unless I’m
commuting to work. GR IIIx works well for me.

...I've been wanting to get a Ricoh GR III. Or maybe a IIIx. Hard to decide
what focal length to commit to but I think probably it makes most sense to
go with the III to have the option of having a wide lens, but with 24MP
resolution, having a pretty good amount of leeway to crop.

In years past, there were times when I'd lug around a D-SLR, carrying it in
a LowePro SLR toploader bag worn as a fanny pack...looking super, super
cool. Sometimes on a minivelo, just to fully round out how awesome I
looked.

Really appreciate bigger sensors being available in pocketable packages. I
don't ride in jerseys any more, so I haven't settled on the best way to
carry even a really compact camera like an RX100 or GR. Even when just
riding with my phone, with it in the pocket of a normal pair of shorts,
it's not a great to wrestle it out while pedaling. Have ridding a couple
times with the RX100 in a stem pouch and that's probably the best carry
option I've used so far. Ir maybe that sort of bag worn on a belt, or...a
fanny pack.

This all reminds me that I've got an old Fuji X-M1 that could fit in a
small bag with the 27mm f/2.8 and using that for a while will give me a
better idea of whether I'd be more happy with a GR IIIx or GR III.

Thanks for starting the thread, Keith. Fun seeing what other folks are
carrying while riding.

Chester
SF Bay Area