Well, there's something to be said for getting to your destination, hopping
of your bike and looking back at it thinking, "man, nice bike!" - every
time you ride it. That's worth something.
Also the resale value on Rivendells is really, really good so if you end up
regretting your purchase (which you won't, unless you get the wrong size)
you won't be out that many $$s