Disappointment. I've owned 3 Riv customs, designed for fast road riding, and
all, particularly the second two, have been magnificent in fit, feel and
handling, even with rear loads. So I was hugely disappointed to take my SH
out for a quick 20 mile shakedown ride with 35 lb or so in the rear (An
Ostrich in the front, but lightly loaded). Too much front end vagueness:
fast downhill sweeper was uneasy-making, and, coming back up sitting at 5-6
mph, the front end wandered all over the place.

I have the bars about even with the plane between rump and nose of saddle;
don't want them higher.

Riv build, so Jack Browns; stiff Tubus Logo rack. The panniers were not
optimal, having been borrowed from my (better handling under rear load,
actually) '73 Motobecane flexy 531 racing bike and sitting a bit further
back than they need to be.

But what can I do to reduce the front end flop? New fork? New bike?

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM