Lovely; and exactly my size. I'd swap out the Brooks for a Flite, old style,
and the Noodles for 44 cm 185s (and lower them considerably) on an 8 cm
Pearl; and use Looks of some sort. Probably a 32/46 or so and a
14-15-16-17-18-19-21-24 8 speed with the 46 set up centered on the cassette;
or hell, just a single 46 t ring; that would give me a 51" bottom gear which
is far lower than the 66" to 75" that I climb in now. I bet I could break 20
lb without trying. 23 mm tires, of course.

But no, I shall resist. My next bike will be one to replace my Modified
Monocog and the Sam Hill, a touring bike that will take 70 mm tires and
fenders.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM, kps <kshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> finally, my Roadeo has been built up and i'm riding it and starting to
> dial-in the set up.  i'm very, very pleased.  i ended up taking most
> of the parts off my wonderful, old-faithful, but still-too-small,
> Serotta Nova SL, to put them on the Roadeo.  My Roadeo is a 57 cm, and
> though i could easily have ridden the 59 according to my PBH (84.45),
> the top tube would have been too long, i think.  Grant said i could
> use a shorter stem, but it would have been VERY short, for as it is,
> with the 57, i'm using a 7cm tech deluxe (started with an 8, but the 7
> is better for my reach).
> stem length aside, the build is as follows:
>
> 57 Roadeo (56.5 tt)
> campy 8 speed chorus (early 90s) Ergo
> chorus or record headset (early 90s)
> chorus seat post
> Brooks B-17 Ti (might swap to the Finesse)
> Nitto 7 cm Technomic Deluxe stem
> Nitto Noodle (42 cm) bar
> Tektro BM 57 brakes
> Pasela 28s (these were on the wheelset on the Serotta--i'll probably
> try the JB greens soon)
> newer Veloce (lettering removed) compact crank (50/34)
> Phil BB
> 13-26 cassette
> VO pedals (not set on these yet), will probably put MKS Streams on the
> bike
>
> i took a few photos in the very late afternoon, yesterday, and they're
> posted on my Flickr page, if you're interested.  More photos to
> follow, i'm sure.  ;-)  here's the link:  http://tinyurl.com/29nucu2
>
> thanks to grant and to mark for walking me through the process of
> choosing my frame, and also, for allowing me to request RCP and clear
> decals too!  one note:  i forgot to mention to my LBS that the decals
> are on the OUTSIDE of the clear coat, and in the process of building
> up the bike, the decals got a bit mangled.  i took the top ring of the
> seat tube decal off, and might remove the bottom ring to preserve the
> symmetry.  then again, i might not.   ;-)
>
> oh, for those who wonder, my set up (not including the water bottle),
> but including saddle and pedals, weighed in right at 22 pounds.
>
> kim

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact