I agree that if there were a forger that made fake Riv decals, then they'd go 
whole hog on the JB decals, but wouldn't the painting and the decal making be 
kind of a pain for one bike? If this is really a fake Rivendell, I would expect 
that there are more. The only way that all that effort would make any sense 
would be if you wanted to make more.

Joe
Subject: RE: [RBW] dat funky Riv
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 07:30:27 -0400
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]










Re. 
the JB paint job, if it is indeed labled with fake Riv decals/headbadge, I 
doubt the forger would hesitate to put a fake JB signature on the chainstay as 
well...
 
Steve

  -----Original Message-----
From: 
  [email protected] 
  [mailto:[email protected]]on Behalf Of Grant 
  Petersen
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 6:20 PM
To: 
  [email protected]
Subject: [RBW] dat funky 
  Riv

Well, now I know how Louis Vuitton feels (I've always 
  been curious). I've been know to have brain farts (and grain farts), but I'm 
  thinking what lugs are those? They aren't ours. We did use Henry James crowns 
  for about 20 frames for a while there, till we got our own. The dropouts are 
  raised in back but not in front, and that wasn't a WF style back then. The 
  fork rake looks a bit better than the early WF-builts (nowhere close to 
  post-'97). The seller may not know how to measure a chainstay, so I can't go 
  by the 42cm listing (I think the shortest ever was 42.5). But mainly, the 
  lugs.

It seems odd to me. too, that JB would paint one that-a-way. Once 
  somebody owns it, it's their deal, and we don't  hold JB to any style (he 
  knows what I like, but a guy's got a right to make a living). I called him 
  now, line's busy, I'll try again.

The serial number would tell the 
  story. The seller de-listed it, I think. If it's a Riv underneath that "pump 
  instead of seat tube" paint job, then fine etc., but at this point I'm still 
  guessing it's not.

G
-- 
Grant 
Rivendell Bicycle Works
www.rivbike.com
925 933 7304



  
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
  Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email 
  to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send 
  email to [email protected].
For more options, 
  visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en.





-- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].


For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en.
                                          
_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW 
Owners Bunch" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en.

Reply via email to