Have had good luck with the Yokozuna pads.  Both my Sam Hillborne and
my wife's bike have them right now.  I want to say they are different
than Kool Stop as these are supposedly the old Mathauser compound.

Then again Jim Thill at Hiawatha Cyclery has had good luck with stock
Tektro pads.  Might want to try those first and see if they work on
your setup.  Cheap enough.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN