Jim's question is key. Frame size matters. Given the same tubing, big
frames flex more than smaller ones. Riv has gone to double TT's to add
stiffness to the larger frame sizes.

I weigh about 210 and I'm pretty athletic. When I stand and pedal
aggressively, I sometimes flex my 64cm Atlantis in the same manner you
describe. My 60cm Bombadil doesn't have the same degree of flex even
under off road conditions because it's smaller, has double TT's and
thicker tubing overall.

Dave