For my Bombadil, I plan to lace up a set of wheels with a derailleured
rear and dynamo front hub.  I'd appreciate advice, particularly on my
rear hub choice.

Planned setup:

Rims - 36-hole Velocity Dyad
Front hub - Schmidt SON 28 or Shimano dh-3n80 (which I realize I may
need to order from Europe for a 36-hole version)
Rear hub - Phil Wood Freewheel Touring hub, 135mm width

Here's where I could use some advice.  I'd prefer an 8-speed over a 9-
speed, and would prefer the freewheel hub vs the cassette version (to
reduce dish), but am concerned about availability of decent 8-speed
freewheels.  Has anyone used this setup?  I may also consider a 7-
speed freewheel, since I believe the cog spacing between the 7 and 8
are the same, and I use an 8-speed bar-end shifter.  I currently own a
Phil Wood 9-speed cassette disc hub on my Fargo, which is awesome.
I'm thinking I can build a stronger wheel with the freewheel touring
hub.

Advice is much-appreciated... Thanks.
BB