Seth:

I had about 20 boxes of parts, accumulated over the past 28 years of
cycling, which I've been going through. They are clearing out nicely,
but I am, of course, keeping some things for various build-up projects
I have in mind, and some items I just can't part with.

I still have about six more boxes of parts to announce, including all
manner of Campy NR and Superbe Pro, plus some Dura Ace AX cranks and
pedals, a bunch of saddles, some forks. Also, seven sets of wheels,
about 15 stems, maybe eight to ten pair of handlebars. That will
probably take 3 or 4 more "garage sales" to clear out. (It would be
too overwhelming to inventory, photograph, web-post, announce, and
sell it all at once. Plus I don't have space to do all that
simultaneously.)

Then I have a classic Raleigh and an Alan Carbonio to sell. I may sell
my Kestrel 4000, either as a frame and fork or maybe as a complete C-
Record bike. Kicking around selling my Ritchey Skyliner tandem, too.

Then there's the Cyclart-refurbished 1992 XO-1 which is better than
new...

Sorry, I think I sound like I am bragging. I apologize. I just love
love love bikes. I've been a cyclist since 1982, did RAAM when I was
20 in 1987, and organize cycling events for a living. I was sponsored,
getting one to three free bikes every year from 1984 through 1994,
plus I also had a lot of parts sponsors. I never throw anything away
which still has the ability to be used. I have also collected a lot,
attended bike swaps and such, supported companies like Rivendell, Velo-
Orange, and Wallbike.com, been given things, bought whole "estates" of
bike parts, and such. I hope I don't sound like a pack rat or like I'm
rich. I'm neither. I'm just explaining (and helping myself to
understand) how I ended up with so many parts to unload.

Mainly, this just feels really good to clear out the vast majority of
all this stuff. I'll still have a wide selection of bikes to ride when
I'm done (I have 15 frames / bikes). I'll probably ride even more,
too, since I won't be dealing with, thinking about, and swapping
around all these parts, too!

Also, practically everything I am offering for sale is actually
selling. That means my prices are good, maybe" too low" in some cases,
but also that I am making other people happy. I like that. This is
basically a win-win-win as far as I am concerned. I appreciate the
support and enthusiasm!

- Chris Kostman
La Jolla, CA