-----Original Message-----
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bu...@googlegroups.com]on Behalf Of Montclair BobbyB
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 2:09 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: Rear Hub Advice

I agree LX are a great value...<SNIP> ...Additional question regarding brakes.
I'm looking for the best
possible braking for the Bombadil, and don't mind spending extra money
to get really strong stopping power (after being spoiled by hydraulic
disc brakes on the Fargo).  I'm considering the Avid Single Digit
Ultimates (which are quite spendy... $180 a pair on sale!!, but
reviewers rave about the power and performance of these)... Anyone
using these brakes?

If you don't mind NOT spending the extra money and speaking of LX, I've been
pleased with the braking performance of the LX-level "V" brakes I put on my
Kogswell PR...

Steve