Thanks guys,

I took a short 24 Km spin this morning and had no problems.  The
Hilsen was a quiet as could be with the noise gone from the MKS
pedals.  I put at least twice as much grease as was in there
originally. (Actually, probably more like 3 times.)  I'll get some of
those pedal washers and put them on also.  I'll do the same with the
right pedal and it sounds like I should be good to go.

Do any of you use similar width pedals that are better?  I don't mind
spending more money because, since I've got this bike, I'm not riding
anything else.  It handles everything I ride on.

John