On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 18:11 -0700, Lynne Fitz wrote:
>>
>> I expect I could try to rationalize the cost - I had the conversion
>> done before the S&S price increase.  I figured couplers, case, and
>> packing accessories added $1000 to the cost.  10 flights with a non-
>> coupled bike would have been that much in extra luggage charges.
>
> However, now you still pay the extra charge because it's a bicycle no
> matter how small it packs down, right?

I recently traveled with my Bike Friday on United. I didn't volunteer
that it was a Bike Friday, and nobody asked, so I didn't have to pay a
bike fee.

Now I'm trying to figure out which bike to bring to New Zealand for a
loaded tour. I hate breaking down and building up bikes, but I
nevertheless think the Atlantis will get the nod. I'm just not
comfortable with the Friday on the steep downhills, of which, I have
heard, there are many in New Zealand.

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels