That's great you found a setup that works for you!

As far as the LL frame ....... It's not really worth it to go
modifying the frame, unless it was the only frame left on Earth I
suppose! I'm a believer in letting frames be, with the exception of
minor things like cold setting a rear to accept a 135mm hub, for
example. Yes, a frame builder could modify it to take slightly wider
tires, but I think for the expense it may be better to use that money
for another frame and sell the LL. And like you said .... you'll only
gain a few mm's of room. It sounds like you'd really like more
clearance.

I know ... we become attached to these frames, but they are just
things. There's always always always another frame. I recently rid
myself of three old road frames I used to race on. I held them "just
in case" I came up with a use for them. Well ..... it never
happened. . . never will ..... and I sold them.  .  . and it feels
great! I'm going to rid myself of my old Stumpjumper too. What
memories I have of them are in my mind, and no matter how long I keep
them around, the clock isn't turning back.  Life is here and now.

I'm like you .... as time goes on, I like fatter tires. 35mm is a
minimum..... barely. I'd really rather use 38's as a minimum. . .  .
so I too have a decision to make about my custom road frame that can
maxes out at 35mm. After riding a Bombabil with 45mm tires on the
road...... it really changed my thoughts on wide tires.  I like the
extra cush ..... as roads are worse than ever where I live.

A Sam or Betty frame may suit your intentions . Even I ... a guy would
like a Betty frame .... I love the color.  . .  . they just don't make
it quite big enough for myself though.

You have lots of options too Beth ,even if it's not another Riv frame.