Just to follow-up, I took some pics of my locked up QB outside of my
lab. Note that my workplace is secluded, remote, and well-trafficked
by people, and it's on a pretty secluded campus with hundreds of
barely locked bikes everywhere. So, my work lock and cable are less
beefy than their counterparts at home, which I use when running around
San Francisco.

The pics:
http://tinyurl.com/286ywhb
http://tinyurl.com/2bymylj