Ray, I have been using Crank Brothers 50/50's for years and more
recently some of those sealed bearing magnesium ones and they are
great. A wide pedal is what I need for my wide feet/shoes rather than
long front to back. I never have problems cornering either but then I
think before turning and keep my inside pedal up. BMX pedals don't
often have that classic polished look but it seems it would be easy
enough to make a retro looking polished pedal that was wide with
traction pins. Maybe an updated version of the old "bear claw" design
but shiny.