I had to ride in today what with the snow and everything - I don't get these
chances much since I moved here from MN.  I didn't take the Hilsen (not snow
qualified), but did OK on the Riv'ified Miyata.  The Big Apples did their
job, but it was getting sketchy on the way home with the temps around 28F
with 20 mph wind gusts and the melted snow rapidly turning to ice/crust.

I had to remove the front fender half way through the ride as it kept
jamming with snow and I grew tired of the extra effort pushing with rubbing
snow.  I just about lost it going over a bridge the first time the fender
got clumped/locked up.  Kind of like slamming on the front brake.  After
that, I just kicked the tire/fender every few minutes to knock the build-up
off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonehog/sets/72157625324064593/with/5199613957/

Overall, it added about 15 mins to my 10 mile commute, but I think I was
going faster than most of the cars I saw on the road :)

Riv content - this set has some fall commute pics of the Hilsen...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonehog/5197783254/
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonehog/5197783254/>

Brian
Seattle, WA