I don't disagree with the responses that you've received so far,
recommending the Hunqapillar, Bombadil, and Hillborne. Any of those
bikes would perform admirably in the conditions you describe and would
make great choices. Of those, I'd probably lean towards the Hunq/Bomba
for the increased tire clearance. Anyway, I just wanted to add that
the tried-and-true Atlantis would work every bit as well under those
conditions. It seems like it's sort of being overshadowed by the newer
crop of bikes that Rivendell is offering. The Atlantis is still a
great bike!

Shaun Meehan