I totally agree. We've, here in Louisville on our local  bicycle club list,
have had the same discussion. It's amazing how many people  commute with
little or poor lighting. A few weeks ago a commuter was killed. The  young man
was riding in the outside lane on a busy boulevard early in the  morning
(dark) wearing dark non-reflective clothing with a tinny rear light and  no
front light. The motorist stated she did not see him until it was too late to
avoid him.
   It's tragic and he, as a cyclist, had a right to be on the  road
Bill

In a message dated 12/10/2010 8:00:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,