Actually a cyclist should gain weight in the form of muscle in his
legs (horsepower) and lose body fat overall thereby increasing his
cardiovascular efficiency. Aerodynamics influence speed more than any
factor including power output of the cyclist but given a similar
riding position between the two bicycles there wouldn't be much
difference. Good hill climbing as most of us already know is the
result of having low body fat, strong legs and huge lung and heart
capacity. Champion cyclists are born and then trained. For the rest of
us, we muddle on hopefully enjoying the ride in the process. I like
Grants musing on riding fast............it makes more sense to just
enjoy riding. If you can't keep up its probably not the bike and if
your riding pals won't ride with you and insist on riding away then
its time for new riding pals and a cold beer at the next stop. I like
the South Butt clothing lines slogan...."never stop relaxin"! Thats
what I intend to do. Life is short.