Another option I'm partial to is the Acorn Boxy Rando on the little
Nitto mini front rack.  It leaves the handlebars completely free.  It
comes with 4 velcro straps to attach to the rack platform plus a
sleeve that slips over the vertical piece on the back of the rack.  I
added a couple of D-rings to the bottom toward the front and some
shock cord to make it easier to take off / on than the 4 straps.
Either way it's super secure & holds a ton of stuff.

Unless grossly over-loaded, it doesn't have much affect on handling on
my 58 cm Atlantis.  OTH, another list member had the same set-up on I
think a 60 cm AHH and seriously did not like what it did to his
handling.  Bags can be funny that way.

dougP