I have heard the siren song of the Berthoud bag and managed to
resist.  The main detractor for me is that the larger bag will look
best with my 63 Roadeo, and then I would fill it, compulsively with
stuff just becauce I had the space.  I opted for the Acorn Hobo style
bag and a Nitto light mount 2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rperks1/4380585188/in/set-72157622875811028/
So far so good, I have other bags to add storage on the bike as
needed.  Camera, phone wallet and other quick on the bike typ ethings
go in the front, the rest is in the middle or rear.  The set up has
not significantly hurt handling as far as I can detect.

Rob
-
http://oceanaircycles.com/