Whew, thanks.
I was driving myself crazy trying to extrapolate the acronym.
-JimD

On Jan 16, 2011, at 11:22 AM  Jan 16, 2011, CycloFiend wrote:

on 1/16/11 10:54 AM, JimD at rasterd...@comcast.net wrote:

OK, I have a question that I'm a bit embarrassed to ask.
And I've exhausted the interwebs trying to find out.

What's the derivation of PANDA?

"Now Improved with an actual Reply..."

A "Panda" derives from a Flickr photo group called "Bicycle Pandas" which (I believe) was started by a user named "faster panda, kill kill". It's bascially a self-referential portrait taken while riding your bicycle. If you go to the group, there's a few discussions of the naming. One of those webbernet memes which has seriously stuck (in a small subset of a subset kind of way.)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pandaportraits

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To post to this group, send email to rbw-owners- bu...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en .