Mike -- I'm by no means a security expert and, in fact, even as a
layman I have relatively little experience because for the last 20+
years I've been fortunate to have been able to park my bikes in my
offices (and now, I work from home). So I'm really playing this by the
seat of my pants (that may be a grossly mixed metaphor -- hear out of
my ass? Anyway ...) but for my purpose -- short term parking of
expensive, custom Riv outside well trafficked grocery store in decent
area, for example -- it ought to be very adequate and it is cheaper
than buying a Krypto mini.

I suppose you could smash the padlock with a sledgehammer, but in use
I think the ensemble would hang off the downtube, held in place by the
relatively tight link it makes between downtube and whatever post I
use, so that a thief could not get a good blow in, even if he had the
privacy to do so.

I expect a Sawzall could get through the chain, but again, with a lot
of noise, the need for a second person to hold the chain steady, and
at least more time than required to slice through a U with a bolt
cutter. But then a Sawzall could get thru any lock with the right
postioning, no?

I expect it is as good as the Krypto Mini 5 which K says is "the
choice of bike messengers) and goes for about $50; is it as good as
the K NY "Fuggedaboutit" mini, which one site claimed withstood the
leverage of 25+ stone of two guys hanging off the shackle on a 4.5'
bar and which costs over $100.